Holiday or Second Home Insurance

Holiday home insurance is becoming more common because the UK is fast becoming a nation of second home owners. Holiday/Second homes may be purchased for a variety of reasons, purely somewhere to escape and enjoy, to provide rental income, as a long term investment or for a family member who has to work away from home for extended periods of time.

These properties can also be rented out while you aren’t there to provide supplementary income and to cover the mortgage, but you will need second home insurance in place.

Whatever your reason for entering the second house market you will be able to get a tailored insurance package to cover your property from Goldcrest, whether it is located in the UK or abroad (list of countries we can cater for below).

A second property is at a higher level of risk than a home that is lived in full-time. Obvious examples are when a holiday property is unoccupied during the winter then there is a higher risk that the winter temperatures can damage your plumbing causing serious damage and the shorter daylight hours present more opportunity for thieves. It may also become local knowledge that the property is often empty and so having adequate cover in place is vital.

Our belief is that insuring a holiday home, or a second home, shouldn’t be any different to insuring a residential property. Our cover is suitable for holiday homes and second homes throughout the UK, for seasonal properties left unoccupied and for seaside and riverside properties

Call Now To Speak To One
Of Our Friendly Staff

All our Quotes are tailor made to get you the best cover. Call now for a customised one minute quote.

Get a Quote

Speak to one of our team today and we’ll find you the best quote on the market

Insurance Cover for your Holiday or Second Home

Our insurers are able to provide cover for the following:

  • Legal Liability to public.
  • Loss of rent and alternative accommodation.
  • Buildings insurance; also cover outbuildings, Swimming pools, and Tennis courts etc.
  • Contents cover you on a new for basis.
  • Option to include accidental damage cover.
  • Option to include accidental damage to be covered if caused by holiday tenants.

We are currently able to provide cover for Holiday/Second homes located in the following countries:

  • United Kingdom
  • Republic of Ireland
  • France
  • Spain
  • Italy
  • Portugal
  • Greece
  • Southern Cyprus
  • Bulgaria

For more information about how we can help you to make sure you have the right over in place, please get in touch today by calling 0208 4407600

I can therefore confidently recommend Goldcrest Insurance to anyone that wants good affordable insurance with great customer service.

- Greg Newman - DOR-2-DOR

Read more testimonials

All our Quotes are tailor made to get you the best cover

Request a Call Back